Tracy's jaunt through writing

Hello everyone,

I am 39 years old and will turn the big four o in June, and I am not sure if I am ready or not but I guess I really do not have a choice right?! This is my fourth semester with Kaplan and I am loving it so far.
I am in the medical office management course which really excites me. I have had two back surgeries so I needed to find a different course through life.
I look forward to learning more about writing and how to improve myself as well as have some fun along the way!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Plagiarism unit 4

What I think about citing our sources is, that any person who has worked very hard for what they wrote deserves to have full credit for their work. Citing is very important to learn how to do it properly and make sure you always include the author and year after you use thier thoughts or ideas.

I would be very upset and hurt if someone used my ideas and did not give me a second thought, I also hope that most people would do their best to make sure that any information is correct and properly cited. In high school if you saw someone cheat on a test or on some homework some people may have thought that it was not a big deal, however I have thought back to those days and wished I would have spoken up when I had the chance.

In the professional world plagiarism issues are a very big deal, if you took an idea or thought from someone and put your name on it there could be big problems, such as losing your job, or ending up in court with a big fine. I used to work for a company that made welders and on the bottom of everyone is a paton where no other company could steal the information and make the same welder at a different company and sell it as their own idea or thought.

I believe that you tube or wikipedia do blur the lines on what is legally owned. In wikipedia everyone can add to a thought or idea and it does not have to be even true or accurate to be placed on there. I do not know much about you tube. however I believe that some of those videos are fake or altered.

No comments:

Post a Comment