Tracy's jaunt through writing

Hello everyone,

I am 39 years old and will turn the big four o in June, and I am not sure if I am ready or not but I guess I really do not have a choice right?! This is my fourth semester with Kaplan and I am loving it so far.
I am in the medical office management course which really excites me. I have had two back surgeries so I needed to find a different course through life.
I look forward to learning more about writing and how to improve myself as well as have some fun along the way!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Unit 5 writing style

Hi all,

My personal writing process is to research as much about the subject I am writing about and then figure out what I information I have and what areas I need to have more information, this way seems to be the easiest way for me to write a paper that has enough information and is easy to read and follow.I am a person who loves to make lists and have a direction of how and what I need to accomplish to make my paper interesting and informative.

One academic challange that I feel I have is time management. I have always had a problem with this I seem to wait until the lasdt second to finish somethings, however I have been getting better at this as the time goes by. Somedays I feel I spend too much time on one thing for a class, such as studing for the many tests we have each week in Anatomy & Physiology 2, and I don't giove enough attention to my other class.

School has influenced me in so many ways, I have learned about things that I never would have even thought were possible a few years ago with work and life passing by so fast. It took me a while to admit that I should take some time for myself and that I could give up a little responsibility to someone else and that the world would not fall apart, or at least my world wouldn't.

The fact that you can do classes online has been a life saver for me, as well as many others I assume. There are days when ther is not enough time to get everything done at home and have time or energy to go to a classroom and sit for several hours.






Challanges that I have faced in academics woulfd have to be time management, I am terrible with this, however I have been getting better, I seem to wait until the last minute to finish things

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to you in June! When? Mine is June 1.
    Great blog, too.
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete