Tracy's jaunt through writing

Hello everyone,

I am 39 years old and will turn the big four o in June, and I am not sure if I am ready or not but I guess I really do not have a choice right?! This is my fourth semester with Kaplan and I am loving it so far.
I am in the medical office management course which really excites me. I have had two back surgeries so I needed to find a different course through life.
I look forward to learning more about writing and how to improve myself as well as have some fun along the way!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Unit 7 blog

Hi everyone,

I personally like peer reviews. I feel that it is always beneficial to have someone else read your paper and see if there are areas that need tweaking or if something just does not fit right in the paper. A second pair of eyes can really help in the area of run on sentences, which I have trouble with some times, grammar, and APA format, which I didn't realize had to be in alphabetical order.

My ah ha moment came in doing my research, I didn't realize that there were so many different types of autism, and the fact that autism affects so many children and it knows no boundaries.
The shocking thing was that autism affects more boys than girls 5 to 1.The other intriguing thing I had found was that parents of autistic children talk about this window where if you get your child in for a diagnosis and therapy you may be able to help with the range of autism your child will suffer from, and I plan to research this window theory more.

I look forward to more research on this topic, and I hope to have a personal story to share through a child and parents account of this disorder and the journey through their eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment